Online Job Scam Warning Signs
- You're offered a job without an application, interview, or discussion with the employer.
- The company asks you to wire money or asks for your credit card information.
- The company asks for personal information like your social security number or driver's license number.
- You are promised high pay for not much work.
- The company asks you to pay for a credit report as part of the application process.
- You are told you have to pay for training.
- You're asked to cash a check and forward some of the money to a third party.
- The salary details aren't clear. If the company doesn't pay an hourly rate or a salary, carefully investigate the details.